Medical Emergencies and Dental Life Support (MEDLS)
This fully comprehensive one day course has been designed to tailor suit the learning needs of dentists and dental care professionals.
The MEDLS course has been running sucessfully for over 10 years now.
Medical emergencies can occur at any time, and dental staff have a duty to train regularly for these emergencies.
The course aims to
- enable you to recognise and manage common medical emergencies using the ABCDE approach
- practice and use emergency medical and resuscitaion equipment
- identify emergency dental drugs and practice their administration
- perform CPR ,according to current Resuscitaion Council (UK) guidelines, including airway management
- recognise the importance of human factors
*Scenario based practice
*Individual 6 hour eCPD certificates for all candidates
*?Hands on practice for CPR, choking and airway management
Here at Heartbeat Training we pride ourselves on the high quality of our instructors. As such, we are able to run Resusciation Council (UK) ILS courses. This is a one day course run in the comfort of your own practice
The ILS course teaches the knowledge and skills to:
- identify the causes and promote the prevention of cardiopulmonary arrest;
- recognise and treat the deteriorating patient using the ABCDE approach;
- undertake the skills of quality CPR and defibrillation (manual and /or AED) and simple airway manoeuvres;
- utilise non-technical skills to facilitate initial leadership and effective team membership
Please call to discuss your training needs in detail on 01695 722202.